Rocky Mountain Public Media - General Contest Rules
By participating in any RMPBN contest you agree to the following rules, terms, and conditions:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. Multiple entries, unless otherwise stated, will not increase your chances of winning. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
Rocky Mountain Public Broadcasting Network, Inc. (“RMPBN”) sponsors various contests. RMPBN does business as Rocky Mountain PBS and KUVO. RMPBN’s mailing address is 1089 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204.
You must be aged 13 or older to be eligible to win.
To be eligible to win any prize from RMPBN, you must not have won anything in the past six (6) months. Any prize awarded to an ineligible participant will be considered null and void, and an alternative eligible winner may be named. RMPBN reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air or online indicating that you were the winner.
- Employees of RMPBN and their immediate family members may not participate in contests conducted by RMPBN.
4. Prizes & Collection:
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Winners for each contest will be selected in a manner announced in the specific contest rules. The specific contest rules will indicate the prizes and values of the prizes and odds of winning that contest.
Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes must be picked up in person within seven (7) days of notification email during business hours (8:30-5:00 MT) from RMPBN’s main TV station at 1089 Bannock Street, in Denver, Colorado.
- RMPBN may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. RMPBN will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The prizewinner or their parent/guardian must fill out an IRS Form W-9 at the station, which requires you to provide your name, address, Social Security Number or other tax identification number. The prizewinner alone is responsible for payment of all applicable taxes and any other charges, fees, costs or expenses related to your receipt or use of the prize.
5. Releases & Limitation of Liability:
- Anytime you participate in an RMPBN contest, you have agreed to have your name, voice, likeness and other biographical details used in any advertising or broadcasting material. You grant us permission to broadcast the call and/or record it for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
- RMPBN shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, transportation, time delays in online streaming vs. over-the-air broadcast, internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- RMPBN, its employees, directors, agents, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any RMPBN contest or prize awarded in any RMPBN contest. By participating in any RMPBN contest, you waive any and all claims of liability against RMPBN and its officers, employees and agents, any contest sponsors and their respective officers, employees and agents from any personal injury or loss (INCLUDING DEATH) which may occur from the conduct of or participation in an RMPBN contest, or from the award, receipt, and/or use or misuse any prize, including any travel related thereto.
RMPBN reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time.
RMPBN reserves the right to end the contest at any time.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of RMPBN will be final.
- RMPBN contest rules may be requested during regular business hours (Monday- Friday from 8am until 5pm) or online at rmpbs.org.
- All RMPBN contests are governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without respect to its conflict-of-law principles.
7. Additional Rules for Specific Contest Forms:
- Twitter: You must not enter an RMPBN contest conducted on Twitter.com multiple times in a single day; you must not duplicate your tweets to gain more entries into an RMPBN contest conducted on Twitter; you must not use multiple Twitter accounts to enter an RMPBN contest conducted on Twitter. Failure to follow the prohibitions of this paragraph may result in your entries being declared ineligible.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is not the sponsor of any contest RMPBN conducts on pinterest.com.
- Instagram: Instagram is not the sponsor of and does not endorse any contest RMPBN conducts on instagram.com. Your participation in an RMPBN contest on Instagram constitutes consideration for a full release of Instagram for any liability from an RMPBN contest conducted on Instagram.
- Email: All requested information in the required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified. Any issues with the internet or email are not RMPBN’s responsibility.
- Telephone: RMPBN is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of RMPBN will be final. RMPBN is not responsible for dropped calls or loss of connection during any contest.